Healthcare: Ensuring 100% visibility into the Edge medical network
The corporation is an American organization distributing pharmaceuticals and providing health information technology, medical supplies, and care management tools. The company delivers a third of all pharmaceuticals used in North America and employs more than 81,000 employees.
The company works with biopharma companies, care providers, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers, government agencies, and others to deliver insights, products, and services for quality and accessible care.
The company’s rapid growth over the years led to a mix of old and new equipment, which prompted them to actively search for a new and robust way to improve their cybersecurity. Prior to partnering with a cybersecurity partner, the company would spend hundreds of hours running scans on server usage which was ineffective and resource-straining.
In Q2 of 2022, the company’s security leadership team began to search for a more unified and precise Edge network monitoring system as a result of conflicting and incomplete data from a growing environment.
By rolling out the AI EdgeLabs platform across their network, the company immediately accessed a unified cyber security solution, bringing together information from many sources and creating a complete and precise inventory of its assets.
After careful evaluation, our team quickly identified some of the company’s most prominent challenges, which were:
- Lack of information about how connected assets work across their large network.
- Lack of security controls to protect patient data and lab data from new threats.
- Many of their medical computing devices aren't used much, which is called device sprawl and can lead to important cyber vulnerabilities.
- Inability to spot suspicious or dangerous traffic, making data and network security weak.
After deciding to adopt AI EdgeLabs as their all-in-one solution for Edge and IoT cybersecurity, our client’s security teams have advanced network visibility and the ability to shut down endpoints and servers that aren’t needed or that show anomalous behavior.
AI EdgeLabs: Advanced Edge network visibility
AI EdgeLabs performs exhaustive cybersecurity threat analysis on our client’s Edge environments, delivering advanced visibility to have a full picture of every medical device connecting to the network.
“Implementing AI EdgeLabs was not only quick and easy, but it also delivered instant results for our cybersecurity strategies,” mentioned the healthcare provider’s Chief of Information Security. “After going through several worrisome situations where portions of our network were nearly victimized, it was imperative for us to partner with a robust, all-in-one cybersecurity solution that provided advanced Edge network visibility, which AI EdgeLabs excels at.”
Benefits of AI EdgeLabs for Healthcare
The main ways in which AI EdgeLabs helps clients are:
- Improve network-wide awareness of all connected devices, including new and previously unknown IoT and medical ones.
- Insights on utilization to ascertain which devices, such as servers, peripherals, and medical equipment, are genuinely contributing to the organization and which ones can be retired.
- Thorough and in-depth probes into anomalous behavior.
- Better security of patient data and other regulated healthcare information through the detection of encrypted and unencrypted network traffic.
- Significant benefit for the time and effort spent deploying and managing AI EdgeLabs.